Apply for Mandatory Conformity Assessment Programme (MANCAP) Certification in Nigeria by yourself
- In order to apply to apply for Mandatory Conformity Assessment Programme (MANCAP) certification in person the applicant must visit the office in the state for the Standards Organisation of Nigeria (SON).
- Contact details and the address of the offices of the state are listed in the next contact information link.
- Visit the office and get the pertinent Nigerian Industrial Standards (NIS) from the appropriate department.
- Also, get an application form to apply for Mandatory Conformity Assessment Programme (MANCAP) Certification.
- Be sure to are carrying all the documents that are listed under this page’s “Required documentation” section on this page.
- Fill out the application in the manner required, including all relevant information and details. Sign the application form by your signature.
- Attach the required documents to the application form completed.
- Complete the application form along with any supporting documents to the appropriate office. office.Pay the fees applicable according to the instructions of the officials.
- Following submission, SON technical officers conduct an inspection of the manufacturing processes and test the products to ensure compliance with the process of assessing conformity.
- The report of test results and inspections are collated from State Offices and forwarded to Product Certification Directorate for evaluation and recommendation to the approval of SON Management for certification.
- If the product is in compliance with the requirements of the applicable Nigerian Industrial Standard, MANCAP certificate and MANCAP logo with an unique number for the product will be issued to the item upon the payment of any applicable administrative fees
- Once the Director has endorsed the application The applicant is notified about the approval via email or phone and is requested to obtain the certificate using any appropriate method.
Submit your application online NOTE Link to Online Application is currently not working.
- For application to the Mandatory Conformity Assessment Programme (MANCAP) Certification Online Application link
- Follow the link to finish the registration process to register an account on the MANCAP portal. Follow the instructions displayed on the screen.
- After signing in, the successful account creation messages will show up and you can check your email for an activation email. Then open the email and hit the activation link to activate your account.
- After that, sign in to the website using the help of your credentials of the user. After login, you will find the correct option for the MANCAP application.
- Online Application Form will be available. Fill out the appropriate application form and submit the required documents to the application process.
- Complete the application by clicking on the appropriate button.
- After the submission, SON technical officers conduct inspections of the manufacturing processes and test some of the products in order to confirm the conformity of the product through conformity assessment processes.
- The report of tests and inspections are collated from State Offices and forwarded to Product Certification Directorate for evaluation and recommendations for the approval of SON Management for certification.
- If the product is in compliance with the specifications of the relevant Nigerian Industrial Standard, MANCAP certificate and MANCAP logo with an unique number for the product are issued for the product after the payment of any applicable administrative fees
- Once the Director has endorsed the application, the applicant will be informed of the approval by email or by phone, and then required to collect the certificate by any suitable methods.
Documents Required For Mandatory Conformity Assessment Programme
- Application form completed
- Pro forma Invoice copy
- Data sheet with Product’s Description
- Document that contains production details
- Documentary proof of conformity with the regulations and standards
- Document of Transportation
- Letter of Credit
- Payment of assessment and filing fees evidence
- Certificate for the country of the country of
Office Locations and Contacts
Standards Organisation of Nigeria,
52. Lome Crescent,
Zone 7 Wuse, Abuja,
Federal Capital Territory.
Toll-Free: 08002255766, 07056990099
The Standards Organization of Nigeria’s Assessment Programme,
Phone numbers for contact: 08077440146 08077440160, 08077440165. 08077440128 07077440136, 08077440139
Homepage link to the website home page link
What are all the Eligibility
Any manufacturer in Nigeria that intends to export their manufactured products, is able to apply for an MANCAP Certificate in order to demonstrate that the products’ compliance with the standards.
Please contact the relevant authority for information on fees.
An MANCAP certificate is valid for three years.
- The MANCAP logo will be placed on the smallest package of the product. After that, the product is able to be launched on the market to be sold.
- The product is controlled through regular inspections of the factory and testing to ensure that the product is in constant compliance with The Nigerian Industrial Standard by SON officials.
- Applicant particulars
- Identification document number
- Registration number
- Invoice number
- Product description
- Contact and address details
The document is needed
Mandatory Conformity Assessment Programme (MANCAP) Certification is required by manufacturers in the course of selling the product or export process to ensure that all products made locally in Nigeria are compliant with the applicable Nigerian Industrial Standards (NIS).
Mandatory Conformity Assessment Programme (MANCAP)